sullabhaath

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sound Mind in a Sound Body

Physical Fitness!

Does it only affect physical health or does it influence mental fitness also?Someone said "A sound mind resides only in a sound body". Same has been emphasized in our olden literature.

For ex. in Tamil, Tirumoolar , in his "Tirumanthiram" says

"Udambai Valarthen, Uyir Valarthene.."

which literally translates to

"I grew body, I grew soul.."

Surfing through Internet, I found something interesting.There is a little known fact about Anil Ambani, one of the richest persons in India. Did anyone know he weighed 115kgs, before turning into a "Self proclaimed fitness freak"? The story goes like this..

Anil Ambani's obsession with fitness began a few years ago, when, famously, a foreign investor told him that they would think twice about investing in a company whose management was not in good health.

So, what does this tell us? Is there another meaning for Darwin's "Survival of the fittest" ?Food for thought, is it?
let me know what you think about it.. Meanwhile, I'll go and have my samosa chat..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home